2017 RACEWAY 7 STREET STOCK RULES
Any open 4 barrel carburetor can be used on 2900lbs.
Transponder location transponder must be located at least 12″ behind rear axel.
1. Driver Qualification: Drivers who compete in this division cannot compete in any other division.
2. Driver Age: All drivers under the age of 18 must have a minor release form filled out before they compete. Forms can be obtained at the registration booth and must be signed by a parent or guardian and participant. All previous drivers will be grandfathered in.
3. Body & Frames: This class is open to any American made passenger car excluding compact, jeeps, trucks, wagons, convertibles, El Caminos, Rancheros, and sports cars (corvettes, etc.). No front wheel drive cars. Wheel base should be stock for the make and model car used plus or minus 1 inch. Faulty welding will be rejected. After market bodies may be used. Old race frames may be used, but must be at least 2” by 3” rectangular tubing. All doors must be welded or bolted shut. Sheet metal must extend at least to the bumper. Cars are permitted cockpits. All Chrome, glass and lights must be removed. Dashes may be removed. Parts of rear frame may be replaced with tubing. No Mirrors! All interior upholstery must be removed including back seats. Lower Control : tubular lower A arms that mount in stock locations
4. Numbering & Painting: All cars must be neat in appearance, numbers must be at least 18” on both doors and roof and a 4” by 4” plate on the right front corner of the windshield with the cars number on it.
5. Hood & Trunk: All hoods and trunks must have pins installed for easy access. Hoods may have 14” hole cut for air cleaners.
6. Bumpers: All bumpers must be bolted or welded to the frame securely. No sharp edges allowed and bumpers cannot be wider than the car’s body. Chains must be attached to the front and back bumpers and easily accessible for towing purposes.
7. Windshields: All Glass must be removed. At least a ½” mesh screening in good shape with at least 1 solid bar from roll cage down to dash area (on entire windshield) must be installed.
8. Roll Cage: The roll cage must be a 4 post roll cage with a minimum wall thickness of .083 and 1 ½” diameter. The driver area must be padded and have a headrest. The roll cage must extend above drivers head and match roof line of car. Roll Cages must be mounted to the frame. A firewall must be installed between the driver and the fuel cell.
9. Safety: All cars must have an approved working five point crotch, seat belt and shoulder harness racing type seat belts and window net. All seat belts must be bolted to the roll cage. Drivers must have fire retardant clothing (fires suite, gloves, helmets, etc. ) Helmets must be ASA or Snelling approved. A Fire extinguisher must be fully charged and mounted in an inside area accessible from the inside or outside by the driver or officials.
10. Fuel Cell: A Fuel Cell must be installed with a minimum of 3 safety straps and be securely fasted to the frame in the trunk of the car with a steel firewall between it and the driver. All fuel cells must be top feed and all fuel lines that run with the interior of the car must be incased in metal tubing. Fuel cells must have a 1/8” plate covering the bottom. No Alcohol allowed as well as no fuel additives. Gasoline only will be used!
11. Engines & Radiators: No aluminum heads will be allowed as well as no dry sumps, no turbos. Msd ignition systems or Stock Ignitions are allowed. No Electric fuel pumps will be allowed. Stock position pumps only. Radiators must be in good condition. Aluminum radiators are permitted.
ENGINE LOCATION: Must remain in stock location in chassis, left and right. Engine set back: will be at its maximum and verified when the center of the number one spark plug hole, on all make engines (furthest cylinder forward) is in line with the center of the top ball joint.
a.) Carburetor any 4 barrel carburetor is allowed, with car weighing 2900lbs or more. may use a gauge legal holley 4412 with the car weighing 2600lbs or more. If using the 4412 option, a decal must state 4412 on front fender or door post visible to the weighing officials.
12. Batteries. All batteries must be in an enclosed bolted metal container. Batteries are not permitted to be installed in the Drivers Compartment.
13. Exhaust: Exhaust manifolds and headers allowed with exhaust extending to the outside of car and not straight down to ground.
14. Suspensions: No mono leaf springs allowed. Stacked springs must be used. No coil over springs. Weight jacks are permitted on one shock per wheel.steel or aluminum shocks allowed. Non adjustable only.gas shocks are permitted.
15. Rear Ends: No Quick Change Rear Ends Allowed.
16. Communication: No Radios Allowed.
17. Weight: All weights and drive shafts must be painted white with cars numbers on it and bolted securely. No weights mounted in drivers compartment.
18. Wheels: Cars must have reinforced wheels with oversized lug nuts and oversized (at least ½” inside, 1” outside) studs. STEEL racing wheels are mandatory. NO Aluminum wheels permitted. Bead lock rims are permitted. Mud plugs are permitted. NO WINTER TREAD PATTERNS permitted. Wheel size may be 8 to 10 inches. No 4 Bolt Patterns Allowed. No wide five hubs Allowed.
19.Transmissions: Any Racing Transmission & Clutch Allowed.
20. Scales: Race track scales are official weight, weigh any time before or after for true weight. ALL CARS MUST WEIGH 2900lbs AFTER THE RACE! unless using the 4412 you must weigh 2600lbs
21. Tires: Grooving is allowed. Open Tire Brand Rule Allowed. An 11” tire is Maximum. Cars must weigh a minimum of 2900 lbs at the end of the race.
22. Spoilers: maximum spoiler allowed is 6in.
Body width may not exceed 78” at top of doors or quarter panels and not exceed 86″ at the bottom of doors and quarters. The maximum roof size is 60”x 60” with a maximum
rake of 2”.
Rear spoiler 78” wide x 6 inches of measure material with no more than 3 supports (see illustration for support)
and must be attached solid to the deck. The spoiler cannot be wider than the deck at the rear. All dimensions
will be measured from the deck; tolerance for the hinge only. Maximum spoiler angle will be 90 deg to the
deck. If a support is used on the rear of the spoiler it must be mounted below the top of the spoiler material a
minimum of 1/2 inch to not count as spoiler material.
Rear sail panels must be the same left and right and be solid one piece. The sail panel must drop towards the
deck at the back edge of the roof panel. Sail panel maximum length at the bottom is 45”. The sail panels cannot
connect to the rear spoiler
All glass and plastic must be removed. Noses must not exceed 85” in width any
where including fender extensions.
No extra fins, flares, flanges, ridges, beads, spoilers, turn-ins or turn-outs or anything else that can be construed
as an aero advantage will be allowed.
NUMBERS MUST BE 18” HIGH ON BOTH DOORS AND ROOF. ALL CARS MUST BE NEATLY
LETTERED. THERE WILL BE NO DUPLICATE NUMBERS. FIRST CAR TO REGISTER WILL HAVE THAT