2017 RACEWAY 7 ECONOMY MOD RULES
No tri Y headers or merge collectors will be permitted.
Right rear tire must be MED or Harder, MED 100 will no longer be permitted
Raceway 7 will allow the Crate engine 602 with the body rules allowed by Sharon Speedway, however it will follow the rest of the rules. Must be on a 2 barrel carb!
- Economy body rules will follow the same rules found on the E-mod rules page.
- American Racer tires will be permitted. Med or harder on the right rear of the car.
- Quick change rear ends are permitted
- ROLL CAGE: Roll cage must consist of continuous hoops not less than 1.500” outside diameter. Must be mounted to the frame in at least 6 places. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced. No brace bars forward of cage may be higher than hood height. A minimum of 3 driver door bars so as to provide maximum protection for driver. Driver’s bar should be padded and taped, including head rest. Roll cage must extend above driver’s head and be properly padded.
- BRAKES: Calipers can be steel or aluminum.
- EXHAUST: Exhaust system must be mounted in such a way as to direct gases/fumes away from cockpit and away from possible fuel spillage. No turn downs. Headers must be pointed away from the ground. No tri Y headers
- FUEL CELLS: Professionally manufactured fuel cells are required. Fuel cells must be mounted by at least two steel straps, 2 inches wide around the cell. Cell must be enclosed in a steel container and must be protected in rear of axle by roll cage tubing mounted securely. No part of cell should be lower than the protective tubing. Fuel cell must have check valves on vent side. Bladders are highly recommended. Fuel cells are limited to 32-gallon maximum capacity. 12-inch ground clearance required. Tech inspectors can reject any fuel cell mounting they deem unsafe.
- BATTERY: Battery must be securely mounted and shielded. If battery is mounted inside of vehicle, it must be in a 6-sided metal case.
- FUEL: Gasoline only no oxygenated fuel
- TIRES AND WHEELS: Hoosier or American Racer 8” 26.5 or 27.5 (med or harder) on Right Rear only, any 8” Hoosier or American Racer on other 3 corners. Only 8” wide wheels.
(a) Factory production complete full 1960 or newer parallel American passenger car frames only! Frames may be cut in rear only at a point no further than 36” from center of rear end housing. Must have full front stub.
(b) Frames may not be widened or narrowed and must be able to support roll cage on both sides. Front cross member may be notched for radiator clearance only! Minimum frame height and body height from ground is 4 inches.
(c) Front suspension upper A-arm mount may be altered whereby it does not have to be in stock location. OEM (mono-balls will be accepted) Stock passenger car spindles only! No fabricated spindles. Lower A-frame cannot be altered or moved. Pre-approved after-market lower control arms are legal but must remain in factory location. Front sway bar must be OEM. Heim joints will be allowed on steering components.
(d) Tube type upper A-frame allowed and can be moved.
(e) 5” coil-over shocks are permitted on rear end.
(f) No Jeep, Bronco, or 4-wheel drive frames allowed. No sports car frames allowed. No front wheel drives allowed.
(g) Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Any coil spring must be at least 4-1/2” outside diameter. No fiberglass springs allowed. NO torsion bars allowed in rear of car.
(h) No hydraulic, ratchet or electrical weight jacks anywhere in or on the car. NO air shocks or air bags allowed.
(I) Minimum wheelbase is 108 inches both sides, NO TOLERANCE! No front clips or tube types allowed. No aluminum or fiberglass suspension or rear-end parts allowed. No aluminum drive shafts.
(j) Shocks, only steel non-adjustable shocks permitted one shock per wheel. There will be a 150$ claimer rule per shock
- BODIES: Raceway 7 E-mod rules will be followed for all body specifications. The technical inspectors have the final say on all body work.
- TRANSMISSION: Bert, Brinn and Falcon type transmissions are permitted. Stock type transmissions should have scatter shield or blow-proof bell housing. Automatics must be stock OEM cases and bell housing, explosion blanket recommended.
- SAFETY: Helmets, neck braces, fire retardant driving suit, are REQUIRED. Underwear, socks, gloves, hood and shoes are highly recommended. Competition shoulder harness at least 3 inches wide and a lap belt of at least 3 inches wide are REQUIRED.. Kill switch within driver’s reach and front drive shaft loop are REQUIRED.
- BUMPERS: Both front and rear bumpers should be loop style. Front bumper should be mounted to frame end with bottom loop parallel to the ground. Bumpers should be made of minimum 1-1/4 inch diameter tubing and must be able to support car if lifted by a wrecker. Rear bumper nerf bars and bodies must not exceed beyond width of rear tires and must not contain any sharp edges. Rear bumpers may be constructed of tubing or flat stock and must protect fuel cell. Center of bumpers (front and rear) must be 18 inches (plus or minus 4 inches) from the ground. Rear bumpers are to be no wider than the body.
- REAR END: Any passenger car type or truck rear end may be used or QUICK CHANGE REAR ENDS. No aluminum allowed except for lowering blocks, axle caps and drive plate. No cambered rear ends (One piece drive flange only!) Drive shaft must be painted white or orange. It is recommended that an inspection plug to be in the rear housing ¾” minimum.
- STEERING: Steering box must be OEM. No rack and pinion. Must remain within original bolt pattern for type of frame used. In the cockpit, steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste. Steering must be kept on left side of cockpit, no center steering. All cars must be equipped with a removable steering wheel.
- RADIOS: Raceceivers are required.. No two way radios of any sort. No communication of any sort during green can be used during any racing event.
TRANSPONDERS REQUIRED FOR SCORING. TRACK FREQUENCY RACECEIVERS ONLY!!
(a) All engines used in competition must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. Motor mounts cannot be removed or altered. Castings and fittings must not be changed. No machine work on the outside of engine or on front or rear of camshaft. All blocks must be cast iron. Wet sump oiling system only and the pump must be in the pan.
(b) Any American make engine may be used as long as rear of engine (Bell Housing Flanges) is mounted at least 72 inches forward from the center line of the rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within 2 inches of center line from cross member. Engine height: minimum 11 inches from ground to front center of crankshaft.
(c ) One (1) two barrel Holley 4412 box stock (THIS MEANS BOX STOCK NO MODIFICATIONS) carburetor must be naturally aspirated. No holley 4412HP
No internal parts may be altered. Fasteners must remain stock.
(d) Maximum 361 cu in for Chevy and Ford and 368 cu in for Chrysler.
(e) Cylinder heads must be 23-degree for Chevy. Ford heads must be an inline valve style of head. The Chrysler W-2 head is allowed. All heads must be cast iron.
(f) Intake manifold can be 2bbl or 4bbl style. Adapter or spacer to be 1”thick maximum. Base gasket thickness to be .070 maximum.
(g) Camshaft to be flat tappet only. Stock lifter bore diameters and no mushroom style lifters.
(h) Ignition-HEI style only.
(i) Cooling system may be modified. Radiators and oil coolers must not protrude above interior.
17.WEIGHT: No weights added in driver compartment or outside of body. Weight must be painted white and have car # on it. Weight must be fastened with 2 ½” bolts minimum. Weight may not be attached to rear bumper. Car must weigh a minimum of 2400 pounds with driver, on speedway scales upon completion of race (heat, consy or feature). The top five (5) will be the minimum required to weigh. TRACK SCALES ARE OFFICIAL.
18. WINDOW SCREEN: All cars must have a full window screen of substantial material with a maximum opening on individual holes at 1×1 minimum 16 gauge material recommended with 3 vertical bars in front of the driver minimum size 3/8” round solid bar. NO CHICKEN WIRE OR ALLUMINUM. Screen must cover entire windshield area left to right across the cage and from top of cage down to hood or cowl.
19. DRIVER QUALIFICATION RULE: Driver cannot have won a point championship in EMOD or Higher Class in last 10 years. Driver cannot compete in any other division in the same night.
TRACTION CONTROL: No traction control of any kind-mechanical or electronic. All wiring from distributor to ignition switch or tachometer must be in plain view for inspection and have no splices or interruption in these wires. Raceway 7 will have the right to confiscate any part of the ignition system for further inspection. If parts are confiscated, prize money and points will be held until results of inspection are known. All legal parts will be returned within 5 days. Violation of any of these rules will result in disqualification.
ANY RULE INFRACTION OTHER THAN WEIGHT WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, THE LOSS OF POINTS, THE LOSS OF PAY AND A 2 WEEK SUSPENSION FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE. A SECOND OFFENSE WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.
A WEIGHT DISQUALIFICATION= NO POINTS/ NO PAY FOR THAT NIGHT’S EVENTS
NOTE: The preceding rules and regulations are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable standards and requirements for such events. By participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules and regulations. NO EXPRESSED AND/OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY ASSURANCE SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH, THE PRECEDING RULES AND REGULATIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDE AND ARE IN NO WAY A GUARANTEE TO ANY PARTICIPANT, DRIVER OR OFFICIAL, AGAINST INJURY OR DEATH. Any of the preceding rules may be subject to revision if it is felt that the change would be in the best interest of safety or the Division. Track officials have the right to make decisions and to rule accordingly, in the interest of safety, without recourse from drivers and/or owners. Track officials will decide anything not covered in the preceding rules and regulations if, and when, it becomes necessary. OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
Rules courtesy of Sharon Speedway:Hartford,Ohio.
4094 Center Road
Track Office (440) 594-2222